Saturday, February 5, 2011

Superbowl Dip Downer

If you know me, you know Im really not that into football, but I love parties- so this weekend is supposed to be awesome: Beach Friday and Saturday,Superbowl Sunday, Independence Day Monday...

It sucks having a best friend that cooks really well because my already mediocre culinary skills are amplified to a solid "poor culinary skills", by comparison at least.  But I was excited because I was going to make Rhona's famous buffalo chicken cheese dip (Karli made it over Xmas, too, so between then both I think I ingested a pound of cheese this holiday season).

Me and Danielle finally found our rhythm with the grocery store, arriving thursday afternoon when the place is pretty much stocked.  But this saturday evening we were there on a mission:

8 oz franks red hot
8 oz ranch
8 oz cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 chicken breast

Easy enough.  Im waltzing down the isles, picking everything out... Then I get to the cream cheese and my two options are 1.) an 8 oz tub of pineapple cream cheese, 2.) a KILOGRAM of regular cream cheese for $25.  Ummmmmm....


I stood there for a solid 10 mins "should I just suck it up and BUY the kilogram of creem cheese?" at one point danielle almost convinced me to quadruple my reciple to accomodate for all the cream cheese.  I didn't think giving all of my friends a heart attack was very fitting of a doctor to be...

So as the sad trombones played in the background (Wahhh wohhh), I returned every item to it's place and said "F*** this, Im bringing popsicles."

Only in Grenada.

1 comment:

  1. I bet the pineapple would have added a nice tang! You should serve it and see what happens. :D
    BTW, I crack up every time I read this blog.
    Love you!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete