Saturday, August 28, 2010

Professor Faux Pas

Danielle and I were leaving Lime (mobile phone service store in Grenada) in Grand Anse and headed for the bus stop.  As usual, we ran into one of our professors in the context of his personal life(which is always very odd).  We made small talk for a few minutes then bid eachother good-weekend, and started toward the bus stop.
 "you dont have a ride?" He asked us.
 "we were just going to take the bus" we said.
"well if you need a ride, I can take you to campus"
"no it's ok, thank you though, we will be fine on the bus"
"no really, im going to campus, if you need a ride, just hop in"
"Are you sure?"
"of course!"

Danielle and I changed directions toward the professor's jazzy hunday (it was top-notch for Grenada).

"you're sitting up front with him" I whispered to Danielle
"no way, man, you are"
"FINE" I said. 

I then proceeded to open the door to the front seat and climb in....
Yes.  You guessed it... I had climbed into the driver's seat of my professor's car... OOPS.

They drive on the opposite side.

Nervously giggling and beat red, I hoist myself out of the driver's seat, and go around to the other side.
He just stared at me, much like someone would stare at you for stealing money out of a charity jar. 
"no, this is a right side driver car" He said.

I gathered as much.

Im sure I made a great impression.
I will never make that mistake again.  I also will never be driving here.

2 comments: